Wesley Personnel Pty Ltd
The Privacy Act requires us to treat information you provide to us in an appropriate manner. Wesley Institute of Training is a business name of Wesley Personnel Pty Ltd. In dealing with your personal information in the delivery of training services, we adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) contained in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. The Australian Privacy Principles (APP) apply to us from their induction on 21 December 2001.
Type of personal information collected
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users.
We collect information in two ways:
Information provided by you:
- Name and contact details
- Date and country of birth
- Employment details
- Details of those transactions where employers, trainees, students or other clients avail themselves of the services offered by Wesley Training
- Any other information received by us in the course of providing training services
Information we obtain from your visit to our website:
How we use the information:
We use the information we collect to:
- provide, maintain, protect and improve our services
- represent your interests in dealing with any relevant government or municipal authority dealing with recruitment and training, health and community services
- Provide newsletters or other information to trainees, students and employers concerning recruitment, employment, training, health and community and generally promote Wesley Training Services.
- We will not disclose personal information about you to any person except in the ordinary operation of training.
- We do not provide information about you to mailing houses for resale.
- We or our contracted data storage providers may use servers, systems and cloud computing providers outside of Australia. Our contracts with them require them to protect the privacy of your information when held on these servers and/or using cloud computing. Our contractors are required to comply with the Australian Privacy laws.
- Of course, despite the above we will not use or disclose any personal information about you if doing so would be contrary to our legal obligations to you or under any law. Written consent must be obtained from the party involved should this information be disclosed outside of these obligations.
- At any time, you may opt out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for the operation of our business, e.g. regarding delivery of training services, payment of your account or to communicate in relation to any legal matter).
Managing personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that there is an error or information is missing please notify us and we will try to correct or add the information as soon as possible. We take reasonable steps to ensure any personal information which we no longer require for any lawful purpose is disposed of in a secure manner or de-identified. Some personal records may be held for a specific period of time due to statutory requirements.
The security of your information is important to us. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that information is stored securely both in electronic and physical form.
Access and correction
You may access your information at any time (subject to some exceptions allowed by law). If you would like to know what information we hold about you, please contact us. For security reasons, you may be required to put your request in writing.
Any questions about this policy, or any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by Wesley Training, should be made in writing to the address below. Your questions and/or complaints will be processed in the most appropriate manner by our Director of Education and Training.
Our contact details are as follows:
Director of Education and Training
Wesley House, 770 Canning Hwy, Applecross, Western Australia 6153
Phone: (08) 9470 2000